A home in 60 minutes,
a village within a day
What we do
To give an impression of the activities required to set up a village the following overview can be given:
Identifying suitable locations for emergency response villages and agreeing terms with the owners.
- Review and organise permits and other authorisations.
- Make sure utilities are avaible (water, electricity, sewerage, internet).
Ensure local NGO’s and/or authorities are willing to manage and support the village from the moment refugees move in.
- Design village layout.
- Order the housing units and other required materials.
- Organise local civil works.
- Organise installation of the housing units and other areas.
- Handover to local village management, who can then invite refugees to come to the village.
- Organise regular feedback from village management and inhabitants.
- Ensure maintenance and repair can be done as required.
Once the village is no longer required on the temporary location we will ensure the removal to a new location. The housing units can continue to be used for a minimum of 15 years.
Most of the above project management activities are outsourced to keep our organisation lean and mean and clearly separate fundraising and fund management from operational activities.